Wednesday, May 13, 2009

figuring it out

While writing this blog for my business it's often in the back of my mind about how personal I should allow myself to become, to truly let my vulnerable side be seen. I decided that in order to fully let my clients and those who may stumble upon this site into my real life, I had to be an open book. Last year was one of the toughest years of my life and has dramatically changed the person I am and the direction I am living my life in.

In March of 2008, I returned from a two month trek abroad and was trying to settle back into my normal life. Two weeks into being home, I started experiencing severe leg and chest pain. Three days into my symptoms I finally called the doctors office and within two hours had an ultrasound on my leg, multiple chest scans as well as x-rays and was admitted into the ER. The results were not something I thought I'd ever hear in my lifetime.

My leg and both of my lungs had multiple blood clots in them. The words, "you're lucky to be alive" and "you're lucky you came in when you did" became common place with every nurse and doctor that came into my room. I spent 8 days, bedridden in the hospital with a weakening body and spirit. I was in three different rooms with a variety of roommates to account for. My life has been changed. It has been a year of healing both physically and emotionally, but I sincerely believe that everything we go through in life is for a reason.

Internal scar tissue remains as a reminder that I am blessed. Blessed to not only be alive, but to know that each breath I take and day I am given will be lived to their fullest. Photography is my passion and joy. To be a part of another human beings journey, if only for a short time, is a miracle to me and I do not take my job for granted. I am thankful to each person who has allowed me the privilege to walk along side them to capture the vision of their life. We each have a story to tell and you have now glanced through a tiny window into a part of mine.

I live without regret, with immense hope, joy beyond belief, lofty goals, renewed passion and a sense that each day is a gift.

No comments: